STUDIO - Learn to make a paddle snack boards in resin art wave design
Time & Location
About the Event
Come to class and learn to make a resin
Here at our Sip and Dip we offer FUN art not FINE art, enjoy a guided learn to make class! We provide everything you need in the ticket price.
Please arrive a few minutes early so you can meet your fellow makers, grab a glass of wine, grab a seat and unwind and soak up the chilled vibe before the class starts.
You can purchase coasters to complement your board or take home packs via the tickets menu if you would like to expand your class on the night.
When it comes to transporting your cheeseboard home, around 40 minutes after you mix your resin it will start to harden. But the chances are it will still be reasonably fluid on departure. The coffee club is happy to hold onto your work until the following morning if you prefer to collect once it has hardened enough to travel handsfree.
Your board/s will be food-grade cured within 7 days (depending on humidity and heat). Please be aware there are a few things that affect the correct curing of your board:
1) Ambient Temperature - during cooler weather (below 24 degrees) your resin will take longer to cure than what the labels suggest. Alow your board to cue in a dust-free, warm, level spot for best results.
2) If you do not follow the instructions provided and carefully mix your resin thoroughly and evenly and for long enough, this can cause your board not to cure, meaning you will have sticky uncured spots. Please be sure to follow your teacher's instructions to the letter to avoid disappointment.
3) Inaccurate measurements. While we measure the resin out for you, there is still room for error when it comes to combining your pigment paste with your resin. If it is not combined evenly and thoroughly you can once again end up with a sticky spot on an otherwise perfectly cured surface.
The style of cheeseboard for this class is pictured - it is a small paddle-style board. This board is food grade 38x27 cm (including the handle). This board would be considered perfect nibblies for 1. You will have 2 boards to decorate in this class.
The style art we are applying is also pictured (but on a larger board).
Plenty of free parking, a reminder this is designed as a night out to allow people to unwind, you are welcome to bring your kids (if they are registered painters) but we encourage you to leave toddlers and babies with babysitters and enjoy an awesome night off the tools and allow others to do the same.
WHAT IS INCLUDED You will be provided with an art station for your class, this will include all the materials you will need to complete the finished piece. There is no meal included in this class. Please refer to your ticket for more information. There is no meal included in this ticket - this venue is a BYO venue.
GROUP BOOKINGS If you purchased more than one seat you will automatically be grouped with those seats (even if you made them in separate transactions), if you would like to be grouped with other attendees in particular (your friend paid for their own ticket) just let us know their name and we will be sure to seat you together!
NO SHOWS If you book a ticket (paid or unpaid) and don't show up, we do not offer a refund and you are required to pay for your class. The reason we do not offer discounts is that we have to purchase supplies in advance of the class to account for your attendance. If you let us know in advance of the class we will happily transfer your ticket to another event or offer you a credit to use at any of our classes but we do not offer refunds.
- Sold Out1 board + Class BYO venue$50$500$0
- Sold Outextra - 4 tiles$25$250$0
- Sold OutExtra 2 tiles$15.50$15.500$0